Sunday, October 12, 2008

Assignment 4 -- Poster Design

I am a movie fan; movies get all those cool posters! So this assignment worries me a lot. I want come out some really good posters that I can see them be used everywhere.

I think many people would remember “Dove Evolution”. It is really amazing that by using photoshop anybody can become a “super model”! So I want to learn how to do those PS~~
This is how I came up with the theme “save natural beauty”.


At first I thought drawing would be fun. I will just cartoon character. Then I realize real person would be more suitable for my theme. Then I searched on YouTube to learn those skills and get my friend’s photos to do the poster.






This is the poster I presented in tutorial class.

Actually I don’t like the background. Because the face with makeup took me so much time, I didn’t have time to try different color or effect to see what kinds fit the most.











After tutorial, I get some feedback. First of all, the background is cut into half which was really distracted people’s attention and not well interactive.

And my friend was saying the color is not ok either. Yellow makes Asian (with yellow skin) looks sick.…





So the first change I make was changing the background. I cannot really explain why I choose black yet…

Another thing is our tutor mentioned I should think about whether the original face was necessary. For a poster, usually the less the better…

I kinda like keep the 3 faces… so I haven’t change yet. But I will definitely think about it, might change to less

No comments: