Monday, November 17, 2008

Assignment 5: Christmas Card

When Dr Julian said we need design a card for coming Christmas or New Year, I thought they are only examples for this holiday card assignment. So I pick up a theme as Love. And I design my card based on the quote “love is growing old with you".
I want to use four representative period of life which are kids, teenagers, getting married and finally happy old couple to present this quote.

It took me forever to draw each picture first, and then arrange them into a card. Coloring is also a painful experience. I chose to color it as brown, sort like old wall. I think it’s the kind of color bring all kinds of memory flash back to people. Also it’s like autumn’s color which represents time for harvest and memory.





After the tutorial, I realize I totally did the wrong thing. The purpose of this assignment is play with different color palette to know more about what different color presents. The use of color is definitely an important element of a design work.

I could change the color try to use the pictures into other theme that more related to Christmas or New Year. Anyway, I choose to redo the card…


I choose a line as “ready for your presents?!!”, actually I was hoping it could be some kind of funny card. I actually trying to say “see! Get so many presents for you!”, but I think the first line is better to put on the card…









I choose to pick the black background one for the final card, I guess because Santa always comes at night. Actually I think other colors look good too, but I prefer the black one.

No comments: